Penguin has teamed up with Bill Amberg to design and release six Penguin classics with beautiful cream leather covers. I didn’t know who or what Bill Amberg is so I googled him and it’s a leather goods brand for those who aren’t in the know.
The books, from what I can see on the Penguin website ,are:
1. Evelyn Waugh “Brideshead Revisited”
2. Raymond Chandler “The Big Sleep”
3. Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”
4. E.M Forster “A Room with a View”
5. F. Scott Fitzgerald “The Great Gatsby”
6. Truman Capote “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”
I wonder what the price are for these though and whether Bill Amberg played a role in choosing the titles. They’re highly tempting and they are released just in time for Christmas this year. I wish they did “Jane Eyre” though, because I would definitely buy that. I love Penguin – and I love how they are always invigorating and putting out new designs for the classics and never letting them sit on the backburner.
Would you buy these books?