I found some goodies from the library recently. I try not to borrow many since I want to read my own TBRs but I can’t help myself. Instead, I try to make it equal and alternate between library books and my own.
The titles are:
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being – Milan Kundera
- I Dream of Magda – Stefan Laszczuk
- The Beauty Myth – Naomi Wolf
- The Well – Elizabeth Jolley
- Tropic of Cancer – Henry Miller
- Female Chauvinist Pigs – Ariel Levy
- To Room Nineteen and other collected stories – Doris Lessing
There’s a bit of a feminist and gender theory theme going on here. An excellent article I read recently has re-sparked my interest and reminded me that it’s been awhile since I read some work on feminist issues. It’s an area I’m hugely interested in and I’ve always leaned towards the feminist stream while doing my arts degree which culminated in a rather feminist theme for my honours thesis where I wrote about female performance, Simone de Beauvoir, Sensation fiction and the idea of the female villain. Oh, it was such fun!