Some bookish things that’s been happening lately:
- The tall stack of TBRs piled on the bedside table and which was teetering dangerously finally tumbled onto me when I accidentally whacked it during my sleep. Luckily, there were no hardbacks but there was Anna Karenina. I’m thankful it wasn’t War and Peace.
- I’m wondering if it’s possible to get a ‘reading elbow’ which is something similar to a tennis elbow. I’ve noticed that I tend to use my left arm to hold up the book when I’m reading so it’s usually bent at the same angle for a long period. It’s been starting to ache lately. Anybody else experience this?
- I’m shopping for a new bookshelf. I’d rather one with glass doors because the dust drives me crazy. The Billy range from Ikea looks good and their glass door bookshelf is the cheapest on the market so far. Their delivery rate isn’t though since I’m not sure I’ll be able to get some help getting it home. Officeworks still have the bookshelf I’ve been using for the past seven years in stock and I’ve been more than happy with their quality and delivery fees. Added bonus is that I’ll have matching shelves but downside is no glass doors.
- I got my first Bloomsbury Group book – The Brontes Went to Woolworths. I’ve heard the raves from other bloggers about these titles so I got myself a copy to start with.
- I think I’ve had enough of crime/suspense fiction for the moment. I found a copy of Agatha Raisin in my library so I’ll be cracking into that. Savidge Reads has mentioned it a few times and, I have to say, the series looks really enchanting and cute.
- For those in Oz, ABC1 is showing BBCs production of Tess of the D’Ubervilles (2008) tomorrow at 8:30pm. I’m pretty excited since I only saw the preview tonight. The one starring Justine Waddell awhile back wasn’t that bad either.