I’m using these ramblings as an excuse to post incoherent thoughts. 🙂
- Not exactly bookish per se but my desktop is giving me headaches. It had a graphics card problem almost half a year ago, got it fixed, and just last night, I saw my monitor go black and now it won’t show anything anymore. Yelling at it doesn’t seem to help nor does threatening it.
- Started reading Jasper Fforde’s Shades of Grey but I’m having trouble getting into it. I’m only half way through the second chapter and it’s a struggle. Very disappointed but I’m going to try and persevere or perhaps give it up and try again later.
- I have American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis lined up. It was surprisingly difficult to get a hold of a copy from the library because there is still a queue for it.
- I should admit that non-fiction and I always do quite poorly together. Poor Herge’s biography have been languishing on the book stack as fascinated as I am with it.
- Hooray for Book Depository resuming their postage after orders got held up by Iceland’s volcanic eruptions. And there I was thinking that the closing of air spaces won’t affect me.
- I have to admit that I’m finding myself borrowing library books that I continue to see languishing on the shelves. I feel sorry for them so I take them home. Ah, bibliomania at its worst.
- The biggest news of all is that next weekend I’m finally going to Book Town in Clunes, Victoria! I’m so excited! I’ve been meaning to go for the last two years but things always seemed to happen during that specific weekend. It’s blatantly inspired by Hay-on-Wye but I’m not complaining. I’ve been saving my money and have given permission for myself to splurge out while I’m there. Clunes seems like a lovely little town too. Perhaps if I pester enough, somebody will give me a job and I can stay up there! 🙂
Picture: Starry Sky Attempt by Wenzel Hablik . I love this painting and have been itching to include it in a post. Currently, Penguin uses it on the cover of The Birth of Tragedy by Nietzsche. Simply inspiring.