Finally, the long weekend is upon us and wholly due to a certain queen celebrating her birthday. It’s been a hectic few weeks and there are several more to come before things, hopefully, will quieten down a bit. I’ve been a bad blogger these past weeks and a bad reader. I’m nearly finished with Jude which I am enjoying immensely (although Arabella does make my blood boil) and I hope to squeeze in some more reading the next few days. The weather has also been quite horrid (hello Winter! and lashings of Rain!) so I’m looking forward to bunkering down in bed with doonas, books, sweet goodies and hot drinks.
Things I’m hoping to get done:
- Finish Jude the Obscure. I think I’ve been reading this for three weeks, although I did get distracted by Lost for about a week.
- Ignore the still very large pile of library books and start something from my own collection. However, I did just borrow The Uncommon Reader today (the perils of going near libraries) and it would a very fitting read…
- Watch a few DVDs. I finally got my hands on The Lovely Bones. I also have the first season of the Tudors and back episodes of, er, Glee.
- Visit and catch up with the many lovely other bloggers that I’ve been neglecting these past few weeks.
- I found an answer to my dilemma of the ‘reading elbow’: a Book Seat!
- Get up, or stay up, on Monday morning (at 4am!) to catch the first Australian FIFA match: Australia vs Germany. I’m going for the aussies, of course, but I do have a soft spot for the Germans. There’s a bit more of an affinity between aussie fans because we all have stayed or woken up at the strangest hours to watch a ball being kicked around. I love the understanding that passes between people who are bleary eyed, grunt ‘soccer’ and the understanding nod. Ah, soccer mania. 🙂