Another birthday past this weekend and I turned yet another year older (as one generally does when one has a birthday). To spoil myself, I gave my credit card and the various book stores a good work out and added to the increasingly overwhelming TBR pile!
- It’s Raining in Mango by Thea Astley.
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. This was a free promotional copy that Penguin sent for signing up to their blog.
- An Accommodating Spouse by Elizabeth Jolley. Picked this up at the book market.
- Let’s Kill Uncle by Rohan O’Grady.
- Mrs Ames by E. F. Benson.
- Elizabeth and her German Garden by Elizabeth von Arnim.
- The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy.
- Aurora Floyd by Mary Elizabeth Braddon. This one came from Book Depository quite squished. Not too happy about that.
- The Dead Secret by Wilkie Collins.
- The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy. Building my Hardy collection quite nicely!
- Kitchen Essays by Agnes Jekyll.
- Someone at a Distance by Dorothy Whipple. Ah, my first Persephones!
I love this loot but I have no idea when I’ll get through them. There are twelve books there and if I read an average of one a week, I’ll need three months. Ah well. Now all I need to is to go get that darn bookshelf.