An on-going list, methinks.
1. You scour book lists from university and education websites to see if anything tickles your fancy.
2. You get excited at any book list.
3. You’re more interested in the well stocked book shelves behind the academic being interviewed for the news or current affairs program.
4. Your attention is instantly drawn when you see a character on T.V. reading a book.
5. When you’re not reading, you spend the rest of your time trying to catch a glimpse of titles being read by other passengers while commuting.
6. You’re drawn to pictures/paintings/artwork/photographs of books and all things bookish.
7. Bookish accessories excites you almost as new books do.
8. Not only do books and bookish things excite you but books about books and quotes and essays about reading and the reader can get your heart racing too.
9. You need to explain why you feel tired even though you’ve ‘only’ spent all day or night reading. Some books can just leave you winded! 😉
10. You’re beyond excited when you get the bookish ‘in-jokes’ in other books (e.g. The Eyre Affair).
11. You have a Great Love from one of the books you’ve read, and even though he or she is only a figment of your imagination, you can’t help but day dream sometimes.
12. You make up a list of qualities that defines a bibliophile on your blog about books. 🙂
What else did I miss?